I am a research assistant at the Institute of Sociology, Media and Cultural Studies at KIT. Since June 2015, I've been accepted as a doctoral candidate at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. In my dissertation, I study the impact of the minimum wage on income inequality and poverty in the USA. Further, I am a member of the KIT Junior Research Group Economic Inequality and Labor Markets.
- Income inequality and poverty in modern societies
- Low-wage employment and minimum wages
- Minimum income protection, social security, social policy
- Dissertation project: The impact of minimum wages on income inequality and poverty in the USA, supervised by: Prof. Dr. Gerd Nollmann.
- The causes of changing poverty rates in the USA and Germany in comparison, funded by the Baden-Württemberg Foundation (together with Dr. Andreas Haupt).